Morning clinic or rounds are held in the mornings, Mondays-Thursday, week 2-5
Grand Rounds are held every Friday morning, weeks 1-5
(This schedule is subject to change.)
What to Expect:
- During their time in the clinics, students will act as a patient assistant, helping patients who may have partial paralysis or loss of sensation.
- They will record the details of the patient's history and neurological findings as the clinicians perform the exam.
- Students will choose an individual patient to present each week, and will conduct research on the patient's neurological problem.
- Each student will be assigned a Clinical Neurology faculty mentor who will help develop the writing and poster projects.
- At the end of the six-week summer term, students will present a poster and paper of the patient/neurologic disorder, of most interest to the student, to a class of other NBB students and faculty, share their work with peers, and possibly publish their work.